Spotify Group Session - how to use? Full guide
Spotify Group Session allows users to create a collaborative music listening experience by creating a group session and inviting friends to join. Whether it's a party, event, or simply hanging out with friends, Group Session offers a convenient way to share and manage the music playlist. In this article, we'll provide a step-by-step guide on how to use Spotify Group Session and share some tips to enhance your experience.
To begin, make sure you have the Spotify app installed on your device. Once you have the app, follow these steps to create a group session:
- Connect your device to a speaker or audio output source.
- Open the Spotify app and go to the "Connect" tab.
- Tap on "Start Session" to create a group session.
The ability to create a group session is particularly useful during parties or events. Instead of being the sole DJ and having to play all the music yourself, Group Session allows participants to add their favorite songs to the queue. This feature eliminates the need for constant song requests and gives everyone the opportunity to contribute to the playlist.
To join a group session, follow these steps:
- Click on the link or scan the QR code shared by the session host.
- If you're on the same Wi-Fi network or have Bluetooth enabled, you should be able to discover the group session.
- Once you find the session, select "Play from this device" and tap "Join".
Upon joining the group session, you'll see a list of songs in the queue. As a participant, you have the ability to add songs and rearrange the order of the queue. Here's how:
- Tap on the green "+" button to add songs.
- Spotify provides a group recommendations screen that suggests tracks suited to the theme or genre of the party. You can choose songs from this list.
- If you prefer, you can also switch to the second screen and add your own favorite songs.
Group Session also allows participants to interact with each other. You can see a list of all the participants and even invite friends to join. However, it's worth noting that as a participant, you cannot remove the host from the session. Here are some additional features and considerations:
- Clicking on the three dots next to a participant's name gives you the option to remove them from the group session.
- Your display name and profile image are visible to others on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Participants cannot adjust the volume of the speaker unless they are the host.
To leave a group session, simply tap on "Leave" in the top right corner. This will disconnect you from the session and allow you to resume normal Spotify usage.
Spotify Group Session is a powerful feature that encourages collaboration and engagement among users. It's constantly being developed and enhanced with AI-driven recommendations and improvements. With the ability to easily manage and share songs, Group Session adds an element of fun and convenience to social gatherings.
If you haven't tried Spotify Group Session yet, give it a try and experience the joy of sharing your favorite songs seamlessly with friends. Just remember to keep the party vibe intact and avoid overcrowding the playlist. Enjoy the music and have a great time with Spotify Group Session!No answer to your question? ASK IN FORUM. Subscribe on YouTube!