GA4 iOS MOBILE APP - quick preview & how is it different?
Google Analytics is a crucial tool for businesses to analyze and evaluate their website traffic and user behavior. Recently, Google has launched the GA4 iOS mobile app, and we'll take a quick preview of it in this article.
First and foremost, it's important to note that GA4 is not an update of Universal Analytics. It is a completely new product with different tracking codes and data models. Some of the features of GA4 include more detailed insights into user engagement, machine learning capabilities, and the ability to track both apps and websites in one property.
Let's take a look at the mobile app. In a recent video by a tech expert, we see a quick overview of the GA4 property in the app. The real-time overview displays the information on website traffic, including the number of users for the last 30 minutes. It was quite surprising to see a different number of real-time users in GA4 compared to Universal Analytics (UA) property. The expert states that there are still unknowns with GA4, such as why it shows varying numbers of real-time users.
However, when looking at the number of sessions or users in GA4 during the last week or month, the figures match the numbers in the Universal Analytics property. The expert highlights that the difference in the real-time numbers could be a result of the distinct tracking models in GA4 and Universal Analytics.
Overall, the GA4 iOS mobile app is a great addition to the Google Analytics suite. It's an easy-to-use tool for businesses that prefer data-driven decision making and rely on analytics for their optimization. With a few unknowns, it's best to continue learning and exploring the potential of GA4 and keep an eye on its development.
In summary, here are the key takeaways that we have learned from the video:
- GA4 is not an update of Universal Analytics.
- The new features of GA4 include detailed insights into user engagement, machine learning capabilities, and the ability to track both apps and websites.
- The GA4 iOS mobile app provides a real-time overview of website traffic and displays information such as the number of users for the last 30 minutes.
- The real-time user numbers differ in GA4 compared to Universal Analytics, but the numbers match for the number of sessions or users during longer periods.
- GA4 is a helpful tool for businesses to understand and analyze their web traffic for optimization.