Revolut, a popular financial technology company, has recently introduced a new feature that allows parents to create under 18 accounts for their children. This feature aims to educate kids about managing their finances from an early age while providing them with a limited yet educational banking experience.
To create a Revolut under 18 account for your child, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Revolut app on your phone and tap on the hub located in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will take you to the main Revolut app.
- Once in the hub, navigate to the "Essentials" section where you will find the option for under 18 accounts. This account is designed for individuals between the ages of 6 and 17.
- It is important to note that the under 18 account is more limited compared to regular Revolut accounts. However, it serves as a valuable tool for teaching children about financial management.
- On the standard plan, you can only have one under 18 account and access basic under 18 features. If you wish to unlock all of Revolut's under 18 capabilities, you will need to upgrade your plan.
- Upgrading your plan will provide you with the ability to create up to five Revolut accounts for your children. You can also design individual cards, set challenges and saving goals, as well as invite an additional adult to oversee the accounts.
- If you choose to upgrade, you will be presented with various options to see how the upgraded features work. If you're not ready to make a decision, you can choose to "see not now" and proceed with creating the under 18 account.
- To complete the account creation process, you will need to enter your child's details, including their first name, last name, date of birth, gender, and your relationship to them. Once entered, tap on "continue" to proceed.
- After completing these steps, your under 18 account will be created. Your child can then open their Revolut kid account on their phone and log in using the provided credentials.
Revolut's under 18 accounts offer a convenient way to introduce children to financial management. While the features are limited, they provide a valuable educational experience that can help kids develop vital skills for their future financial well-being.No answer to your question? ASK IN FORUM. Subscribe on YouTube!