Hey everyone, I have an exciting update regarding the Spotify desktop app. In the latest version, there's a new feature called the display panel that appears on the right when you start playing a new song. While some users find it useful, others may prefer a cleaner interface without this panel. If you fall into the latter category, don't worry, I'll show you how to disable it.
To disable the display panel in the Spotify desktop app, here's what you need to do:
- Open the Spotify app on your computer and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture located at the top right corner of the screen to access the dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Settings." This will take you to the settings page.
- On the settings page, scroll down until you find the "Display Options" section.
- Within the "Display Options" section, locate the toggle switch for "Enable Display Panel."
- Simply click on the toggle switch to turn it off. Once disabled, the display panel will no longer appear when you start playing a new song.
Please note that by disabling the display panel, you won't see information about the currently playing track, including its artwork, title, and artist. Therefore, if you enjoy exploring new artists or want to have easy access to the currently playing song details, keeping the display panel enabled might be the better option for you.
However, if you mostly listen to your own playlists and find the sidebar distracting or unnecessary, disabling the display panel can provide a more streamlined experience.
Give it a try and see if this enhances your Spotify desktop app usage. The setting to disable the display panel ensures that it only shows up when you want it to, giving you more control over your listening experience.
As technology evolves, software developers constantly introduce new features and improvements in response to user feedback. Spotify's ability to allow users to customize their experience is one example of this, giving individuals the flexibility to tailor the app according to their preferences.
Remember, technology should work for you, and being able to personalize your Spotify desktop app is one way to ensure a more enjoyable and distraction-free listening experience.No answer to your question? ASK IN FORUM. Subscribe on YouTube!