To remove skills from your LinkedIn profile, follow these simple steps. Whether you're using the LinkedIn app on iOS or accessing LinkedIn on your computer, the process remains the same.
- Open the LinkedIn app on your iOS device or log in to LinkedIn on your computer.
- Navigate to your profile by tapping on the "Profile" icon at the bottom of the app or by clicking on your profile picture on the top navigation bar of the LinkedIn website.
- Locate the "Skills" section on your profile. On the LinkedIn app, it is usually found towards the middle of the page, while on the website, it can be found just below the "About" section.
- Tap or click on the "Edit" button next to the "Skills" section. This will allow you to make changes to your skills listing.
- If you have a long list of skills, you can filter them out into different categories by clicking on the "Filter by category" dropdown menu. This can help you organize and manage your skills more efficiently.
- Once you've located the skill you wish to remove, tap on the pencil icon next to it to edit it.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the screen or page to find the "Delete skill" option. It may be a bit hidden, but it should be visible at the bottom.
- Tap or click on the "Delete skill" option to confirm the removal of the skill from your LinkedIn profile.
Remember, this process applies to both the LinkedIn app and the LinkedIn website. Keep in mind that LinkedIn occasionally updates its design, so the location of certain buttons or options may vary. If you are having difficulty finding the "Delete skill" option, try scrolling down to the very bottom of the page or screen.
By following these steps, you can easily remove skills from your LinkedIn profile. This tutorial aims to provide you with the most up-to-date information, considering the recent changes in LinkedIn's design that have made this process a bit hidden.
If you're unsure about removing a skill or need further assistance with managing your LinkedIn profile, you can refer to LinkedIn's official Help Center or seek guidance from their customer support channels.No answer to your question? ASK IN FORUM. Subscribe on YouTube! YouTube - second channel YouTube - other channel