Roku Error Code 90 - How to Solve?
If you have encountered the Roku Error Code 90, you're not alone. This error has become quite common in recent days. But fret not, as there are some steps you can take to resolve the issue. According to the support center of Roku, the error occurs when your Roku smart home devices are not able to communicate with the Roku smart home mobile app. This can prevent you from adjusting settings on your smart bulb, viewing a live video stream on your camera, changing home monitoring modes, or controlling outdoor plug. You may also see a cloud icon with a straight line or an error message that the device is offline.
To address this issue, follow these steps:
- Check Network Connection: If you see a message stating that the device is offline, it is advisable to first check your network connection. Ensure that your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. You can try tapping the refresh icon on the app screen or restart the app.
- Restart the App: If the network connection is not the problem, you can try restarting the app itself. On older devices, you can double tap the home button and swipe up to close the app. Then, reopen the app and see if the error persists.
- Power Cycle Your Devices: If the app restart doesn't work, power cycle your smart home devices such as cameras or any other Roku device you have. This involves turning off the device, unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a few seconds, and plugging it back in. Then, power on the device and check if the error still persists.
- Troubleshoot Internet Connection: In case the issue persists, it is worth troubleshooting your internet connection. Ensure that your Wi-Fi signal is strong and there are no other connectivity issues. You can also try resetting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
- Check for App Updates: It is important to keep your Roku app up to date. Check the app store for any available updates and install them if necessary. Sometimes, compatibility issues can cause errors, and updating the app can help resolve these issues.
- Set up Your Device Again: If none of the above steps work, you can try setting up your device again from scratch. This involves removing the device from the app and starting the setup process anew. Refer to the user manual or online resources for instructions on setting up your specific Roku device.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the Roku Error Code 90 and regain full functionality of your smart home devices. It's important to note that if the issue persists, it may be worthwhile to reach out to Roku support for further assistance.
Remember, troubleshooting technical issues can be frustrating, but with the right steps and patience, you can overcome them.No answer to your question? ASK IN FORUM. Subscribe on YouTube! YouTube - second channel YouTube - other channel