If you've been hearing strange chirping sounds while using the Facebook app, don't worry, you're not alone. Many users have been experiencing this weird update and are wondering how to make it stop. Fortunately, there are a few ways to solve the problem, and I've done some digging on subreddits to find the best solution for you.
The quickest and easiest way to silence the chirping sound is to put your phone into silent mode. Simply switch the toggle or press the volume button on your device to turn off all sounds. However, keep in mind that this solution will mute all notifications from other apps as well, which may not be ideal.
To specifically disable the in-app sound in the Facebook app, follow these steps:
- Tap on your profile picture located at the bottom right corner of the Facebook app.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on "Settings & Privacy."
- In the settings menu, tap on "Settings" (Note: If you encounter any loading issues during this process, please try again).
- Scroll down and locate "Preferences" and tap on it.
- Under the preferences menu, tap on "Media."
- Look for the option labeled "In-App Sound" and tap the toggle switch next to it to turn it off.
By following these instructions, you should be able to successfully disable the annoying scrolling sound on Facebook.
It's worth mentioning that Facebook frequently updates its app, so the placement of settings might vary slightly depending on the version you're using. However, the general steps mentioned here should still apply.
That's all there is to it! I hope this guide has been helpful in resolving the chirping sound issue on Facebook for you. If you have any other tech-related questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.No answer to your question? ASK IN FORUM. Subscribe on YouTube! YouTube - second channel YouTube - other channel